Services we provide
CompRehab is a multi-disciplinary group of health care and rehabilitation specialists.
We provide a variety of rehabilitation and employment services to injured workers including the following:
Statutory rehabilitation services
- Better understand job demands by conducting an on-site job analysis
- Help the employer better understand functional limitations
- Identify potential accommodation to facilitate a safe return to work
- Provide job coaching to assure successful transition back to work
- Work schedule
- Work pace
- Strength demand
- Equipment, machines, tools and vehicles used to perform the job
- Environmental exposures
- The frequency and duration of various job demands such as: sit, stand, walk, lift/carry, push/pull, bend, twist, kneel, squat, crawl, climb, reach, grip, and pinch, in functional terms such as: rarely, occasionally, frequently, constantly
On-site job analysis facilitates discussion regarding job modification and accommodation.
Transferable skills analysis
Medical management services
- Posture: Awkward and static – anything out of “neutral” especially if sustained is potentially problematic. Prolonged sitting or standing without opportunity to break or change position is also a concern.
- Force: Weights lifted/carried or forces applied to push/pull multiplied by the frequency and/or duration can contribute to injury, especially if there is insufficient time to recover from those exertions.
- Repetition: Exertions per minute plus the duration of the activity might contribute to injury, especially if there is insufficient time to recover from those exertions.
- Lack of recovery time: Opportunities to break from static postures, rest from forceful exertions, or repetitive activities is essential to injury prevention. Changing position, movement and gentle stretching increase blood flow to soft tissues, improve concentration, restore energy and enhance productivity.